Monday, August 25, 2008

state = thinking

I used to spend hours, days, and more thinking and musing to myself. I was introverted, keeping myself company. Whether this was the cause or result of my depression is irrelevant. I stumbled upon an old poem that I wrote and I couldn't help posting it here. So sorry, no links, but I do wish to be serious from time to time. And I'm thinking again. And when I think, I need to write. How much time do we spend purposefully avoiding thinking? Da.

"How is this waking dream?
What nightmarish days.
An abstraction of distraction,
Utmost simple craze.

And if I could sleep
Or wake instead,
I’d find this yesterday
Unshaken inside my head

But tomorrow never comes,
Nor yesterday depart.
What can I give Fate,
To soothe my silent heart?

I wallow in the past yet
Yesterday is as today,
A silent procession of this;
Eternal nocturnal hate.

Come death, or life, yes.
I have no choice in this.
But what comes, come
And lead me to my bliss.

If I could sleep
Or wake instead
I, in utmost certainty,
I would find life dead."

-silence

Praise God that He has freed me from the bondage of sin and given my life purpose. Done.

*Jaiqu

No comments: