Sunday, September 7, 2008

house = blessing

God has amazingly blessed me with an awesome house to live in these last two years as well as a godly family of believers to fellowship with.  As of today we have two new roommates who we are able to bless as Christ blesses them through us.  I am excited for this new school year and getting to know these brothers more.  For everyone who was wondering why I was up at eight this morning...I really woke up at 6am.  I helped out at the overflow shelter, which is a church-hosted women's shelter (and family shelter).  Each night two volunteers stay the night and make sure no uninvited visitors come in and that any unexpected situations are dealt with.  The 'clients' (so they are officially called) are wonderful women, children and husbands.  About 1am, as I was sitting out on shift, one of the elder women came out to smoke.  We got to talking and she told me about her former ministry with street kids and about all the miracles she had seen.  It was wonderful to see her give glory to God in all things and I rejoiced that I had found a sister in Christ (a mother really).  I am always encouraged by the testimonies of those who are saved.  I will probably share my testimony (how God has worked in and through my life) here soon.  God bless.  Done.

*Jaiqu

No comments: